June 22, 2010

Like Father, Like Son

For those of you who know my father-in-law, you'll fully appreciate this post.

We bought a new barbecue grill over the weekend.  The one we were using had served us well -- 10 years, thousands of meals cooked and many winters weathered -- but I had been wanting one that could actually hold enough food to have company over for dinner. 

After the grill was assembled, C got "the look" on his face and pulled the old one out into the middle of the yard.  I know based on his expression that I was in for some form of entertainment.

Last night after dark this is what I looked out the back window to see.




Apparently there's no need for a paper shredder when you have a spare grill in the backyard.  Silly boy.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

At least he didn't break out the lighter fluid and end up with burns on his leg.....lol...

Grandma and Grandpa S. said...

OMG!!! A chip off the old block! Too funny, but I think all men like to start a fire somehow. Usually the more dangerous the better!! I think you should hide the lighter fluid and any kerosene. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I can't wait to show his father!

rmw764 said...

Bringing back his version of the burn barrel I see!

~*Lisa*~ said...

OMG! I did the same thing as C!!!!! You can't reassemble stirred ashes. Sometimes the oldest solution is still the best one out there.