March 26, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now

It always amazes me how much better I can see with new glasses. My old ones weren't that bad but my prescription had changed slightly -- perhaps related to when I was pregnant or the fact that I'm wearing my glasses 75% of the time now -- and it was enough to warrant new glasses. And new contacts. Gotta love that bill.

With the new prescription comes an adjustment period. Not only to the change in lenses but to new glasses in general. The frames are a more "modern" look than I've gone with before and I can tell that C isn't quite sure what he thinks of them. KT just looks at me weirdly and then tries to pull them off of my face. I obviously liked them when I picked them out but am second guessing my choice now that I'm home.

I doubt that they have a 30-day trial period. Hopefully in a few days I won't have second thoughts.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm like that too after I get new glasses. M usually comes with me, but just goes "mmmhmmm, that looks good" and then we get home and he looks at me weird. I just think it takes awhile to get used to yourself looking differently than before. I would check to see if the place you got them does have the 30 day thing if you really don't like them :)

My eye doc had told me after I had D that my eyes actually got better, and then they took a dive this past year. I'm glad that things are clearer for you!

So, do we get a pic? *wink wink*

Anonymous said...

yeah where's the pic? how can we tell if they are "you" or not? lol

KarenMM said...

I agree, where are the pics?

I actually ended up with lasik as I couldn't stand wearing glasses anymore and contacts hurt my eyes. It was well worth the money, IMO. Ever thought about it?

And Grrr... this was posted wednesday but I didn't see it yesterday (thursday) at all. Why is that I wonder.

~*~DawnSC~*~ said...

You'll adjust to your new look soon! I want to see a pic too!

Thanks...now you have this song stuck in my head:

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way,
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) sunshiny day.
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) sunshiny day."

Andrea said...

Ditto what Dawn said!

I have bad eyes as well and have had to have correction for 10 years now. I would love to get Lasik but my eyes are still changing. :( I mostly just wear contacts but every now and then I'll wear my glasses. Both are a PITA!