June 8, 2008

Riding in Style

After 6+ years of faithful service, we bid a fair adieu to our beloved Tacoma 9 days ago. The "purple" truck no longer resides in our driveway. For both of us, the Tacoma was the first "real" truck we had ever owned. It had 4WD, air conditioning, power windows, power locks, etc. It had seen us through countless adventures that took us all over Utah, Arizona, Wyoming and Idaho. Although he might be hesitant to admit it, I know that C was sad to see it go.





Like so many other things in life, it has been replaced by something newer, shinier and bigger. Now we wait to see how long the windows can stay free of nose prints (the dogs', not KT's).






So far, we're at 9 days and counting...

6 comments:

Marci said...

But have the dogs been in the new ride yet? Like the new wheels... How are gas prices out there? I'm laughing at myself for thinking $3.79/gallon is cheap.

Flying Monkeys said...

Isn't that a lovely fast forward image of things to come? No mom, I promise I won't be late. No mom, I never speed. No mom, no boys will be a Becky's.

I've given up on having anything clean for the next at least 18 years. Then we'll see how much of it is M and not G & A. ;)

Nice wheels! Congrats!

Thoughtful said...

Congrats on the new truck. And KT is adorable, as always!

Jessica said...

NICE!! I need an upgrade too!! :)

~*~DawnSC~*~ said...

Nice ride!

I love trucks!

Kristin, Rod, and Victoria said...

So... what'cha eating in the first pic?!? :D

Hooray for a truck that can actually fit a carseat in the back!