January 3, 2012

The Beginning of the End

When both of my girls were born, I set a personal goal of being able to nurse them until their first birthday.  

With KT, we hit a horribly rough spot about 9months in and she self weaned.  Honestly, I'm not sure what came first, problems with my supply or her not wanting to nurse.  Whatever the case it came to an end much more quickly than I'd hoped for.

This time around we encountered some bumps along the road but we made it to Baby Girl's 1st birthday on Sunday.  There were days I wasn't sure we'd make it, but we did.  And as her birthday has come and gone, so begins the process of weaning.  She was only nursing twice a day and biting more often than getting any nourishment so the decision was made to taper off completely.  We've started dropping the session before bed and it's going well so far.

It's sad to see this part of our relationship come to an end but in the same breath I love watching her grow up.

0 comments: