April 28, 2007

Friendships

There are times in your life when you sit back and ponder the friendships that you have had through the course of your years. For me, I take the time to think about all the wonderful people who have walked along next to me through my life. Although I don't show it nearly often enough, I'm incredibly grateful for the friendships I have been blessed with.

Some friends have walked for a few steps and have now gone another direction.
Some friends have walked for many steps and have now gone another direction.
Some friends have walked in the past and are now walking with me again.
Some friends have walked for only a short journey.
Some friends have walked around the block and back many times.
Some friends only walk when the weather is nice.
Some friends walk no matter how beautiful or ugly it is outside.
Some friends quit walking due to something stupid I said or did.
Some friends continue walking but chew me out as we go.

All of these friends are part of me. They're part of my life. They make me who I am today. And for that I will always be grateful.


So -- to my friends (including those who are forced to be my friend because you're family *wink*):

I thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to share my life. I thank you for the support, the companionship, the laughter, the tears, the heartaches and the joy. I thank you for sticking by me when I've said or done something stupid. I thank you for sticking by me when I had little or nothing to say. I thank you for comforting me during times of sadness and celebrating alongside me during times of joy.

I thank you for being who you are. For being my friend.

3 comments:

Sami said...

I'm hoping I'm not one that keeps walking and chewing you out at the same time :D
Ditto - back at ya.

Marz said...

Awww... very cute slide!

Kristen said...

Your making me tear up over here.