March 20, 2006

We interrupt this regularly scheduled broadcast...


...to bring you a word from our sponsor.



My dear friends,

I feel as though I have been lying to you for the past few days. It's time though that I face the music and come clean. There's been a secret bubbling away in my life. Dancing and singing in the background, fighting its way to the forefront. Screaming to let itself be known. Today I'm giving it it's voice. Allowing it to be heard.

Let me preface it by saying, I do not take back anything that I said in my previous posts about Dr. DoNothing. I still think he's a quack and I'm very frustrated with his office. However, even though we had a disagreement of sorts and I struggled to have faith in his plan of action, I guess the man knew what he was talking about. Low and behold.

I. AM. PREGNANT.

Much to the surprise of C and I, when my period didn't show up a week ago I brought out the trusty pee sticks and had a go at it. Two beautiful, unmistakably positive lines. Blood work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday reiterated what the pee sticks had told us. The hcg levels in my blood were rising. Although slow at first, they're now right on track. As a further precaution, C gets to stick a 22 gauge needle into my backside every day, pushing into my muscle a single, thick, gooey cc of progesterone. The story of our injections will come at another day. I need to become a little more comfortable with it before I divulge that tidbit to the world.

So now we wait. Until April 5th, when I have my "viability ultrasound" with Dr. DoNothing. I'm hesitant, terrified and overjoyed. All rolled into one neat little package. A bloated, emotional, exhausted package. But I'll take every single bit of it. After everything that I've been through in the last year I don't think it's possible to not be hesitant and terrified. I'm trying to let my joy and optimism rein. I have a wonderful support system who makes this much, much easier. Even when I struggle to be optimistic, my friends and family are optimistic enough for them and myself. I am so thankful for this, especially last week when my hcg levels were on the slow side.

C is incredibly optimistic. #1 because we did it on our own, unlike both pregnancies last year where I needed the help of clomid to kick start my body. #2 because my uterus is "squeaky clean" and a "damn fine place" for a baby to lay its head for nine more months. He's still not sure of sticking a needle in my butt everyday but has decided that he'll do what it takes.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers (if you're the praying type). I need all the positive support I can get.

Love,
Mandy



and now, back to the program...

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I think you already know that you have every ounce of support, prayer and thought that is in my body. I am so happy for you, you definitely deserve it and I know you 2 are going to be amazing parents.

Anonymous said...

Joe and I are sending every positive thought and prayer we can possibly muster your way! Congratulations!!!!
Love, Bean

Kristin, Rod, and Victoria said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! I've already celebrated privately for this... glad I can celebrate publicly!!! I'm so so so so so so so happy for the two (three!) of you. I've got a really good feeling about this one. And like I said before, you could always hold off till Dec 9th... :D I love you!!!

Sami said...

You know that Dan and I are sending up prayers, positive thoughts and attempting to get 3 dogs to cross their paws for you. Know we are so incredibly excited and happy for you guys and that finally someone got knocked up the good old fashioned way - lets just say it's about time and you can forgive the uterus as once the eviction of the polyp occurred it decided to behave appropriately. So keep up the uhmm shots to the butt and keep us posted. Sending lots of love!

lorem ipsum said...

Wow! Congrats, and best wishes and wishes and wishes for a happy November. (This year!!!)